You are here now!

Notes of Music, organic gardening, eco-building, Permaculture designs and explorations along this Path in Life.

19 April 2016

Ginkgo is growing

About one year ago, something started sprouting from a handfull of seeds that I had carried with me from Japan... really, I couldn't remember where I had picked those up and what they were. I just had to wait a bit more to find out.

2015 April 11th

Only a week after they had appeared, a few leaves already started opening and a new seed opened up for a total of five new baby plants! What a joy.

2015 April 18th



One month after that, I finally realized they are Ginkgo biloba trees... a cute little five trees forest keeps growing. These seeds come from fruits that I picked up with my kids in front of a cute old little shrine, in the North of Japan. 

2015 May 3rd

During the winter they had lost all their golden yellow leaves, but now after jumping in bigger posts and getting properly set up again they're really loving it.

2016 April 19th

Keep growing well little trees... I can hardly wait to put you in the ground.
Maybe next year or so. Growing trees is a slow meditation that involves lots of practice and learning how to handle with the ever flowing river of Time, the ultimate master of Life, as well as every farming school and most Arts.
Each tree has specific needs and proper ways of growing. The secret of sustainable farming is passing down with loving care the treasure of a living tree from each generation to the next. This is apparently a very simple statement, but I believe it has the potential to solve all the ecological issues of modern times.

Love baby trees... we are all trees!

No comments:

Post a Comment